Australian Association AGM 2014 Minutes
by Mark Roberts
Meeting commenced 3:00pm
Attendees –Mark Roberts, Peter Robinson, Richard Furneaux, Elizabeth Williams, Erik Thompson, Edward O’Donnell, Bill Tyler, Mike Walker, Peter Lynch, Mark Jackson, Gary Lokum, Andrew Baker, Andre Blasse, Peter Horne, Glenn Yates, Mitch Wilson, Gareth Wells, Tim Davies, Bruce Ashton, Grant Wakefield, Roger Blasse, Glenn Williams, Brent Williams, David Ketteridge
Apologies – Don Williams
Confirmation of the minutes of meeting held 2 January 2014 at Black Rock – Confirmed as correct Brent Williams/David Ketteridge
Matters arising from the minutes – Nil
Presidents Report – President Andrew Baker presented a verbal report.
The President thanked Black Rock Yacht Club and the Organising Committee for the effort that has gone into organising the 2014 Worlds.
Congratulations to Mark Jackson for winning the Nationals at Sail Melbourne. This was a very deserving win, and is Mark’s third in a row and fourth overall, beating the current World Champion. An outstanding achievement that has rarely happened in the history of the OKs in Australia.
Secretary’s Report – Secretary Daen Dorazio gave a verbal report. The Association has sold 2 BFRs and registered four new boats. This is not very many, but largely reflects the growth in the previous year due to last year’s nationals being the qualifying regatta for the worlds. Membership was around 90 in 2014. Correspondence this year was mostly related to the OKDIA Strategic Roadmap.
Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer Andre Blasse gave a verbal report. As at 29 December IOKAA has $7179 in its accounts, having paid all entry fees for the Worlds. It may be necessary to increase fees next year to cover the increased OKDIA contributions.
The Treasurer proposed a motion that the fee per sailor increase to $30 from 2015.
Accepted Peter Robinson/ Mark Roberts
Clive Roberts Trust – Bill Tyler gave a verbal report and presented a Finacial Statement to 31 December 2014. Total funds are currently approximately $85k.
An in-principle succession plan has been agreed with the Trustees, which means that Mark Jackson will become an alternative trustee.
Accepted Brent Williams/ Peter Robinson.
- OKDIA Strategic Roadmap
Election of Office Bearers –
- President – Mark Jackson
- Vice President – Brent Williams
- Treasurer – Peter Robinson
- Secretary – Mark Roberts
- Publicity - Mark Roberts
- National Measurer – Andre Blasse
- Web Master – Andre Blasse
- Auditor – Bill Tyler
- Committee; NSW Ed O’Donnell, Vic Andrew Baker
- 2015-16 Nationals will be in Adelaide, aiming to start on 4 January 2016.
- 2016-17 Nationals Drummoyne NSW, timing late Jan to early February.
- Next Interdominions – there is no interest in a 2015 Interdoms. NZ is looking at dates in 2016 and will determine in consultation with Australia.
- Peter Robinson requested that the Treasurer be authorised to move to CBA accounts, with single sign off. It was agreed that the Committee could deal with this as an administrative matter.
Meeting Closed 4:00 pm